While the office designers are now advocating for the open-plan office for its neat and clean look, such open-plan offices are responsible for creating noisy work environments. These swanky offices are vulnerable to the resonating sound in the office and could be a major cause of distraction and ultimate loss of productivity.
Maybe, you have had the experience of being in a noisy restaurant and had problems of hearing what your friend sitting across the table is saying. Such places also have an open sitting arrangement with chairs and tables scattered all over the floor.
No matter if it is a commercial office, auditorium, restaurant, gym, a city court or any other public spaces, the resonating sound could be a major issue as these lead to deterioration of health, hampers communication and impair the learning process.
For soundproofing any commercial interior we have to treat ceiling along with the walls and the floor and this is a very tricky affair. To block the sound resonating from the ceiling, you have to make it sound absorbing and that can only be done by increasing the amount of mass in the ceiling. But, this is not desired. This is because the heavier ceiling will face much stronger gravity pull.
Of course, you can build an acoustic ceiling using acoustical ceiling tiles for noise reduction. You can either glue these to the ceiling or have a drop ceiling with these tiles. In the first case, there will be a substantial increase in weight and in the second case you will reduce the headspace.
Hanging sound baffles provide an easy and low-cost solution to noise control problems. Suspended from the ceiling these absorb the airborne reverberated sound and reduces noise pollution in the interior.
What are ceiling sound baffles?
These are unique sound absorbing mediums that are hanged from the ceiling. These are mostly used when a commercial interior needs acoustic treatment but do not have much wall space or where soundproofing panels cannot be installed due to design limitation. These can be used in the isolation room or on the stage for improving the acoustic effect. Designed for vertical suspension in rows and columns spreading the entire area, these can be suspended from the truss or from any other pre-designed suspension system. Sound baffles also have excellent echo blocking capacity. In large rooms sound cause echo and reverberation due to multiple bouncing off the walls and the ceiling. Using sound baffles significantly reduces such noise pollution.
Different types of ceiling sound baffles
As both sides of the ceiling sound baffles remain exposed, these deliver great noise reducing solution. These can be of different types.
- Foam Sound Baffles: These are made of class 1 fire rated melamine foam and can absorb the sound of almost all frequencies. You can get these in a wide range colors and in standard sizes of 2 x 4 feet and 4 x 8 feet with options for customization to meet specific décor needs.
- PVC and Sailcloth Sound Baffles: This is made of acoustic fiberglass core in PVC or Sailcloth cover with heat seal. This is lightweight and cost effective but good noise reducer and great for use in wet areas like swimming pool, gymnasium and animal shelters. These budget panels are also available in definite geometric shapes.
- Polywarp Sound Baffles: Coming in white polythene bags, these contain sound absorbing fiberglass and are used in the factories and the manufacturing facilities. This is also an economical option.
- Sanitary Baffles: These come in reinforced Mylar light and reflective white bags and are used in food processing and drug manufacturing units. Only FDA approved durable, chemically resistant, dimensionally stable and washable materials are used in the construction of these baffles.
- Fabric wrapped Sound Baffles: Made using decorative fabric, these are designed to reduce the sound level and provide great noise reduction with increased speech intelligibility and clarity of the music. They have an eye-catching look.
Features of the Ceiling Sound Baffles
- These are made in custom sizes and are available in light to moderate weight.
- Coming in a variety of finishes, these great sound absorbing capacity.
- Available with suspension system and the vertical drop can be customized.
- Entails considerable reduction in noise level.
- Can be installed easily.
- Suitable for noisy spaces with large areas.
Benefits you can enjoy
By installing sound baffles you can enjoy many benefits. Other than affecting a drop in the ambient noise it also changes the entire look of the commercial indoor. This is an affordable option when compared to the other sound absorbing options and allows enough installation flexibility. These also have good reflectivity and can improve the interior illumination.
The CSISOUNDCORE advantage
Being a leading designer and manufacturer of noise reducing elements, CSISOUNDCORE can help you out in your journey for noise reduction starting from the planning to the implementation stage. Having more than 160 designs in 6 different core materials they can deliver you the right noise controlling solution regardless the type and size of the commercial interior.
Their Flaps Collection includes a wide range of ceiling baffles and acoustic baffles. These uniquely designed hanging sound baffles have the capacity to fulfill both architectural and functional requirements of any commercial interior. These ceiling baffles sound absorption collection is made from high-quality acoustic fibers and 100% wool fabric. The Cumulus collection sound baffles are also available in a range of materials, colors, sizes, and shapes and you can have almost endless combinations.
Materials used in manufacturing these sound baffles contain no VOC and are non-toxic and non-allergenic making these absolutely safe for the people and environment as well. These are durable and weather resistant and hence undergo no change of color. The sound baffles comply with the requirements of ASTM E84 and are rated class ‘A’ fire safe.
Coming in modular designs these require minimum installation effort CSIsoundcore have solutions for your every need. Just spell out your requirement and they will return with a unique turnkey solution for soundproofing without compromising with decoration requirements.